15/09/2021 0 Comments
Pros and Cons of Electric Forklifts
Are you considering adding electric forklifts to your fleet? They’re fast becoming a popular option. Beneficial in many different work applications, they can reduce fuel costs and maximize your efficiency.
Are you considering adding electric forklifts to your fleet? They’re fast becoming a popular option. Beneficial in many different work applications, they can reduce fuel costs and maximize your efficiency. Electric forklifts have improved in performance and have new battery types that make them an attractive choice for many businesses. Are they right for you? Consider this list of pros and cons to help you make your decision.
- Electric powered forklifts are quiet. Quieter forklifts can help operators work safely and effectively. That’s because confined spaces with several forklifts can be quite noisy, leading to fatigue for the drivers. With electric forklifts, operators can communicate with each other and hear important workplace sounds.
- You’ll have more options if you choose an electric forklift. A full-sized forklift can be difficult to squeeze into tight spaces, but electric forklifts come in a variety of sizes and capacities, perfect for just about any job. What’s more, they’re extremely maneuverable, with tight turning radiuses and good visibility.
- If you’re concerned about your company’s carbon footprint, electric forklifts are a great choice. Electric forklifts don’t give off harmful exhaust fumes. In fact, they produce zero tailpipe emissions!
- Electric forklifts offer savings of money and maintenance. The operating cost of an electric forklift is typically lower than that of a gas-powered forklift because electric models run on battery power. They also have fewer parts to service and have lower overall maintenance needs.
- Some environments aren’t well suited to electric forklifts. Electric forklifts are vulnerable to temperature changes and can sustain damage when the environment is too wet. However, there are options to get around this, like sealed batteries and heavy-duty electric forklifts, which are increasing in popularity.
- The upfront cost of an electric forklift can be high. The initial investment is not very affordable, but the operational costs make up for it in the long run.
- Charging batteries can present challenges for multi-shift operations. Electric forklifts that run on traditional batteries require long stretches of time to charge and cool between shifts. Lithium-ion batteries, however, can be charged quickly and at your convenience. To maximize battery performance and lifespan, you’ll need to train your staff to properly maintain and charge them.
Are you still trying to decide if an electric forklift is right for your business? Come and talk to us at Ring Power Lift Trucks. For 60 years, our locally-owned and operated business has provided superior products and the newest technology in forklift vehicles, meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations. With 14 convenient locations throughout Florida, Ring Power Corporation has become one of the largest Caterpillar® dealers in the Southeastern United States because of our dedication to customer service. Whether you need to buy a new or used forklift, or you’d prefer a short-term or long-term forklift rental, we’re here for you. We also supply forklift parts and service in north and central Florida for every make and model of forklift. Call 877.544.5438 or visit our website for more information.