22/06/2022 0 Comments
Reasons Why Forklift Training And Certification Are Necessary
Lift trucks are a huge value to manufacturing and warehousing environments, but only if they’re used correctly. Forklift training and certification are absolutely crucial.
Safety Above All
There’s nothing more important to your company than the safety of your employees. They must be safe and feel safe.
Well-trained forklift operators are better able to move inventory quickly and successfully, helping your company meet its goals more consistently.
Training Saves You Money
Poorly trained forklift operators can cause a lot of damage to inventory and facilities. These costs can really add up.
Operators are responsible for taking care of very sophisticated machinery. If they’re well-trained, and do their routine checklists, they can keep your lift trucks in top shape for years and years. Poorly maintained lift trucks will require more repairs, which can set back operations.
Having well-trained forklift operators means that your company is able to handle a wider variety of inventory, and fit more inventory safely into your warehouse.
Legality / Compliance
Employing under-trained and uncertified forklift operators puts you and your company at risk of fines and other legal penalties, especially if an injury occurs. According to OSHA standard 1910.178(l)(6) “The employer shall certify that each operator has been trained and evaluated as required by this paragraph. The certification shall include the name of the operator, the date of the training, the date of the evaluation, and the identity of the person(s) performing the training or evaluation.”
Ring Power Lift Trucks offers an Operator Safety Training Course, sharing forklift training essentials at no extra charge. The benefits include:
- We use your facility and equipment to enable more employees to participate in the training program and not have to shut down your operation.
- Your employees will feel more at ease and will be able to retain more of the training if they are in a familiar territory.
- All trainers are certified by the state and by Caterpillar/Mitsubishi.
- Our training class includes on-site and equipment-specific training and observations.
After taking an Operator Safety Training Course, your operators will know:
- The characteristics of a professional operator.
- How to identify key components and their functions.
- The information contained on vehicle capacity plates and how they affect vehicle operation.
- Safe operating procedures when traveling, handling loads and working in aisles.
- The appropriate action in case of a tip over.
- How to perform a pre-operational walk around inspection.
- The importance of studying the lift truck’s operator manual.
And if you’re looking for high-quality new and used forklifts from today’s top brands, choose Ring Power Lift Trucks as your reliable forklift dealer in Florida. We’re the Sunshine State’s top source for forklift rentals, sales, parts, and services, with several convenient locations to choose from. For more information, please call us at 877-544-5438 or contact us online today.