12/07/2023 0 Comments
Should I Use OEM or Aftermarket Forklift Parts?
A component on your forklift has worn out, and it’s time to replace it. Faced with the decision between original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket parts, which will you choose? As the great debate between OEM and aftermarket parts rages on, many forklift owners are firmly in one camp, while some swear by the other. If you’re not sure which is right for you, this guide should help you decide.
Understanding OEM and Aftermarket Parts
Before diving into the pool of choices, you must first understand the fundamental differences between OEM and aftermarket forklift replacement parts.
OEM parts are made by the forklift’s original manufacturer. They are designed for a specific machine and are essentially an exact replica of the part you’re replacing. Ordering an OEM component is like getting a piece off the original assembly line.
Aftermarket parts are produced by companies other than the forklift’s original manufacturer. They can be designed to perform the same or better than OEM parts, sometimes offering superior variations in design or function.
Top Benefits of OEM Forklift Parts
Opt for original equipment manufacturer parts if the following benefits are important to you:
- Perfect fit guaranteed: OEM options remove the guesswork from forklift replacement parts. You can count on them to fit and function precisely like the original.
- Maintained warranty: Some forklift warranties might become void if you use aftermarket parts. OEM components keep your coverage intact.
- Quality assurance: Since they come from the original manufacturer, you can rest assured that forklift experts have approved these tried-and-true products. OEM parts may even increase the resale value of your equipment because prospective buyers trust their authenticity and reliability.
Biggest Advantages of Aftermarket Forklift Parts
While OEM parts come with the guarantee of compatibility and often a higher standard of quality, it’s essential to weigh these benefits against the advantages of aftermarket forklift parts:
- Cost-effectiveness: One of the most commonly cited reasons to choose aftermarket parts is to enjoy a discount compared to the OEM versions. Third-party products allow for more budget-friendly repairs.
- Variety: Aftermarket parts offer a broader range of options in terms of materials, designs, and functionality. This means you can choose enhanced features or designs that OEMs don’t provide.
- Availability: If you’re located far from a branded dealership or the manufacturer has stopped producing components for your older model, obtaining the necessary OEM part might take longer. Aftermarket options tend to be more readily available, given the many companies producing them.
OEM and Aftermarket Forklift Parts in Florida
When making decisions about forklift replacement parts, you shouldn’t have to go it alone. Ring Power Lift Trucks is a trusted name in the material handling industry, drawing on over 60 years of experience. With 11 strategic locations throughout Florida, we’re bound to serve your area. So whether you choose OEM or aftermarket forklift parts, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today at 877-544-5438 for help selecting premium forklift parts that meet your needs and priorities.